Sagiroglu has organised more than 50 national and international events as chairman, co-chairman, organising committee members such as:
- International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology (www.iscturkey.org)
- International Conference on Computer Science and Engineering – IEEE (www.ubmk.org)
- Big Data, Deep Learning and Fighting Cyber Terrorisms – IEEE (www.ibigdelft.org)
- IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (www.icmla-conferences.org)
- Big Data Analytics, Security and Privacy Workshop (www.bigdatacenter.gazi.edu.tr)
- National Cyber Terrorism Conference (www.siberteror.org)
- Turkey Open Data Conference (www.acikveriturkiye.org)
- IEEE 5G Summit-Istanbul (www.ieeesummit.org)
- National IPv6 Conference (www.ipv6.org)
He has also been founding members of
- Information Security Association (www.bilgiguvenligi.org.tr),
- Turkish Science Research Foundation (www.tubav.org.tr), and
- The Foundation of the People Caring for the Future (www.gonder.org.tr).
Sagiroglu has/had such duties as:
- President and Executive Committee Member of Information Security Association
- President and Member of Turkish Science and Research Foundation
- Director of Graduation School of Science and Technology at Gazi University
- Head of Computer Engineering Department, Gazi University
- Head of Computer Engineering Department, Erciyes University
- Member of IEEE Biometric Task Force
- President of IPv6 Council Turkey (www.ipv6forumtr.org)
- Editors of
- General Director of FutureTech (www.futuretech.com.tr)
- Member of Cyber Security Group of Higher Education Council of Turkey
- Supervisor, Havelsan
- Supervisor, IT Regulatory Body of Turkey (BTK)
- Supervisor, Personal Data Protection Regulatory Body of Turkey (KVKK)
Sagiroglu also has voluntarily been involved in many social projects and carried out projects in Scientific Research Projects such as TUBITAK, European Union, Sectors, University BAP Unit.
Prof. Sagiroglu has delivered as invited or keynote speakers more than 500 seminars, talks, conferences at universities, schools, sectors, TV and Radio Programs, institutions and organisations in the topics of Information Security, Big and Open Data, Cyber Security and Defense, Artificial Intelligence, Artificial Neural Networks, Software Engineering, Privacy, Biometrics, Innovation Culture Creation, IPv6, etc.
Prof. Sagiroglu defines himself as “valuing knowledge, expressing his ideas in an original way, remaining hopeful, determining in every circumstance, be cool, succeeding in being objective, impartial and trustworthy”.